Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Article, Raffle, Volkslauf Oh My!

After our ribbon cutting, Jamie's commander emailed The Guidon (a newspaper on Ft. Leonard Wood). We had an interview today for an article which will come out July 8! I am so excited. Kerstin interviewed us and I just feel so positive about this. She was very helpful and said that we can keep in touch and The Guidon can publish updates about Hold My Heart. We told her about upcoming events that we are planning and different things we are trying to accomplish with our foundation. I can't wait for this to come out! I am so excited!

Jamie came up with an idea to raffle off a nice TV the month before the walk. The walk is now moved to September 18. We are trying to raise funds for the walk to provide tshirts and food for the participants. I am praying for this to be successful. Pretty soon we will meet with a group of ladies who have offered their time and ideas for fundraising. God has truly taken care of us and whenever I don't know what to do, He provides someone who does!

Many people have expressed interest in the tshirts we wore while doing the Volkslauf. For those of you who do not know, the Volkslauf is a 10k through woods, rivers, and a gigantic mud pit. It was fun to do and we enjoyed every minute of it. We are working on getting tshirts made. If you would like a tshirt, please email me at holdmyheartfoundation@yahoo.com. Once I get more information I will email you details!

Great things are in store these next couple of months!

No comments:

Post a Comment