Cue the music! Play whatever welcome back song that you want (for me, it's Back in Black). It's been awhile since I have posted anything. I could go into the whys, but I'd rather focus on what we have been up to and where we are headed.
Even though we have not been active online here or on Facebook, that doesn't mean that we have not been helping our families. We have still been providing gift cards for food and gas as well as baby clothes these past couple of years.
But here's the best news...Because of the generosity of the members of The Rock church located on Yongsan Garrison, South Korea, we are now able to do more. More of what? Here's what we plan to do in the next year:
1. Provide $8,000 in gas gift cards. The amount that we plan on giving in the next year is double what we were able to give in the past. How amazing is that?
2. Provide toiletry items. We have done this in the past a couple of times, but our main focus was on providing gift cards. Now that we are receiving more financial support, we are able to commit to this every quarter! What will we provide? Boxes of basic toiletry items containing shampoo, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, and hand sanitizer for families who need them.
3. Sponsor more families. Our goal is to provide $500 every quarter to sponsor families with going home bags. These will include baby items (diapers, wipes, baby clothes) that families will need when they bring their baby (or babies) home!
We are so very excited and thankful for the next year. How can you help?
1. Prayer. Please pray for our board members. Pray for direction - We want to be good stewards of the money we receive in ways that honor and glorify God.
2. Tell a Friend. Our purpose in this is to help others. Letting others know about our organization can do this. Find us on Facebook or Twitter. If you have a moment, please share our website!
3. Donate. We are a 501(c)(3) organization. Any donations are tax-deductible and are used to help our families. All board members (to include me) are volunteers, and no one receives payment for their hard work. We strive to minimize expenses and use our money wisely, so that the majority of our donations go directly to our families.
Please visit our website at www.holdmyheartfoundation.com for more information. You can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome your feedback and encouragement!