Monday, April 26, 2010

New Direction

We've made some changes as to how we will help families. A social worker I spoke with suggested that instead of providing checks for families it would be better to give gift cards. It makes it easier for us and for the social worker. Instead of the social worker having to apply for assistance, he/she can give the family what they need exactly when they need it.

So we are asking for either a donation in the form of a gift card or money and we'll purchase the gift cards. For now the only gift cards I am asking for are Wal Mart gift cards and MasterCard gift cards. From what I read on their website, the gift card does not charge a fee the first time it is used (Visa does). We are going to do gift cards in $25 increments.

The website is close to being finished. I had to wait on a couple of things before I could come close to publishing it. Now I need to make changes and then I am going to premiere it May 1! Hopefully the same day that Pepsi accepts our application.

No comments:

Post a Comment