Monday, April 12, 2010

Half Marathon

A half marathon is not easy. I learned that this weekend. My friend, Isabelle, is participating in one in a couple of weeks. Saturday she asked if I wanted to accompany her on a practice marathon. I agreed thinking that it would be a challenge. Challenge is a gross understatement. So I have a lot of respect for people who can do marathons (whether half or whole). One person I greatly respect and admire completed a half marathon this weekend in St. Louis in 2 hours!

I met Erica while we were in the NICU. Her daughter was across from Alyssa's room. It's amazing how God places the right people at exactly the right time. Erica has been so supportive and helpful with this organization. She has helped me with finding out what to do, where to go, and really did the first fund raiser for Hold My Heart.

It touched my heart when I received an email from her Sunday to tell me that close to $1000 was raised! I mean how awesome is that! If you are one of the people who donated, thank you so much!

One of the best parts of the email was this picture. Not only did Erica help raise money for the organization but she had t-shirts made also! I love it! Here is a picture of Erica and her beautiful daughter. Thank you again Erica!


No comments:

Post a Comment