Thursday, January 14, 2010

Vision

It's been awhile but my time away has allowed me to reflect and figure out what to do next. Going back to work was good because it keeps my mind busy. It's the times when I don't have anything to occupy my thoughts that I find myself bawling my eyes out looking at pictures of Alyssa. I'm not trying to avoid remembering her but I guess it's just that if I don't have something to do my thoughts get carried away. So I've found something that will remember Alyssa, help others and keep me incredibly busy.

Tiny Footprints is the name of the organization - at least I hope it will be - I am trying to start in the near future. This depends on my paperwork for the state of Missouri and if I can get that name. This blog will share the challenges of starting a non-profit organization as well as the difficulties of losing Alyssa. My vision includes two hopes.

The first is to help families who have children in the NICU. When we were in Columbia the Ronald McDonald House was too far from Alyssa in my opinion. If we were called in (like we were the day before she passed) I was afraid we would be stuck in traffic when every second counted. We decided to pay to stay at a hotel across the street. While my organization may not be able to pay the entire amount for a families stay at a hotel I would at least like to decrease the burden.

My other hope is to provide comfort for families who have lost their children. We were fortunate because the funeral home we had Alyssa cremated at paid for it and the NICU provided the urn. I would like to help families pay for expenses if they do not have that help. Losing a child is the most devastating thing to happen and I can't imagine having to scramble to find money to bury or cremate a child. That should be the last worry and I hope that it will be with this organization.

Please if you are interested in helping wait and pray for now. I have to wait until I get my paperwork before I can accept any monetary donations. Right now I have a vision but I have to wait before I can start anything. Within a month I hope to have a website and the ability to accept donations. I am so excited to share this information with you. Please if you have any suggestions or are willing to help out email me at tinyfootprintsrford@yahoo.com.

Thank you for your prayers!

3 comments:

  1. So proud of you for doing this, Danielle. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Danielle,
    You may count on my prayers. This is a great idea. Irene Lee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you!!! I just know Alyssa is looking down smiling at you! God is truly speaking through you!!! Love you! xoxoox

    ReplyDelete